Contact Us | (123) 456-7891

Forum

HomeHomeHMI Configurati...HMI Configurati...General HMI Que...General HMI Que...Working Off LineWorking Off Line
Previous

Next
New Post
6/17/2018 12:37 PM

Hello,

Need some guidance, I would like to develop a graphic page off line, test it and then launch.

How should I proceed / steps to follow ?

Thanks

New Post
6/20/2018 11:00 AM

Since I dont know what system you are using I will have to give a somewhat generic answer.   With most systems you can setup a separate test machine and do your testing there. Another way would be to add a page that only you can get to either using rights or hidden links for access.

New Post
6/23/2018 11:09 AM

Thank you. I am using Wonderware on a multi PLC Platform S7 300s and Allen Bradleys. I need to work off line to create new displays test my HMI before launching.

Regards,

New Post
6/23/2018 5:15 PM

In that case what I previously posted is an excellent route to take.  Create your windows with a security level that can only be accessed by you or by buttons that are only active for your security level.  When you are done with your testing then change the animation on the menu buttons or change the security level on the screens so they can be accessed by other.  If you must completely stay away from the live system, then you can setup a test system on a separate computer.  If you are worried about accessing certain PLC functions and affecting production, then you may need to setup a separate PLC for such or possibly setup routines in the live PLC that are similar to the routines you are wanting to manipulate but that will not affect any real world changes.  Thats not a great method as you will have to change addresses or in order to go live with the changes.  Working with active systems is always tricky.  Getting the system while it's down for such an installation is always preferable but not always practical.  If I had to work on such a system without any benefit of downtime, I would add the necessary logic to interface to the SCADA in the PLC but make sure it is disabled via a simulation bit or some similar means.  I would then work in small chunks.  Add a few changes to the PLC - incorporate the SCADA interface and finally test to make sure all was communicating properly.  If possible then I could take that small chunk live and move to the next item.  When working with a live system and making changes, you have take into consideration what conditions you have to work with.  The best situation for something like this would be to have a simulation system (PLC, SCADA, etc) to work with and then just port it all over.  Even in that case a small amount of downtime would be best in order to dump the changes over to the active system. 

New Post
7/7/2018 12:41 PM

If I want to develop a graphic in stand alone Mode, test it then transfer  it to Archestra and launch,

Should I develop a new window in Intouch, then Import in Archestra ? If so how / what steps to follow.

Previous

Next
HomeHomeHMI Configurati...HMI Configurati...General HMI Que...General HMI Que...Working Off LineWorking Off Line