Contact Us | (123) 456-7891

Forum

HomeHomeVideo CommentsVideo CommentsAllen Bradley -...Allen Bradley -...RSLogix Micro Starter Lite communication with Cimplicity SCADARSLogix Micro Starter Lite communication with Cimplicity SCADA
Previous

Next
New Post
11/21/2016 6:29 AM

Hi,

I am new to Allen Bradely PLCs. I am trying to communicate the RSLogix Micro Starter Lite and RSLogix Emulate on EMU500-1 driver (no hardware) with Proficy Cimplicity SCADA 8.1. As such my PLC program on RSLogix Emulate is working fine. But not able to take it further with Cimplicity SCADA.

In Cimplicity project settings I selected the AB drivers as, 1. AB Ethernet, 2. Allen Bradely DF-1

Questions:

1. Does RSLogix Micro Starter Lite supports any SCADA?

2. In Cimplicity SCADA I am getting the "Router Failed" message, Is that because it is not able to communicate with the H/W which is absent?

3. Is there any way I can make it to work?

Your kind help will be much appreciated!

Thanks in advance,

Andrew.

New Post
11/29/2016 9:23 AM

First, it would be the RSLinx that would communicate with cimplicity.  The bad news is that RSLinx lite will not communicate with anything other than RsLogix PLC programming software.  The really bad news is that you cannot communicate to RSEmulate with anything other than the PLC programing software - ie, RSLogix500 or RSLogix5000.

Previous

Next
HomeHomeVideo CommentsVideo CommentsAllen Bradley -...Allen Bradley -...RSLogix Micro Starter Lite communication with Cimplicity SCADARSLogix Micro Starter Lite communication with Cimplicity SCADA